Discuss Care Options Today.
Give us a call! 401-944-8500
Long Term Care / Long Stay Care in RI
Resident-Centered Care Values the Whole Person
For those whose lives have been profoundly affected by aging, accidents or chronic illnesses and can no longer live independently, The Cedars offers a warm, homelike environment and compassionate, resident-centered care. Our coordinated, 24-hour per day, Long Stay Care program is based on an interdisciplinary , holistic approach that adapts to the unique physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual needs of each resident.
At The Cedars, we value individual preferences and we strive to help each resident enjoy a style of life that is familiar and comfortable. Family members are valued as an important part of The Cedars team and they are encouraged to participate in daily life. One of the most important reasons families choose us is the vast experience, skill and sensitivity our medical and support staff have in working with the frail and chronically ill. We are proud to have a team of knowledgeable and dedicated people who provide the support and understanding needed to help residents and their families cope with the changes they are facing.
Our Neighborhoods Feel Like Home
Because we greatly value both the health and happiness of those in our care, we have created living environments called “neighborhoods” for our long term residents that we think foster a feeling of comfort and security. Champlin Way, for example, is a home-like environment where long-stay residents know their neighbors and consistent staff knows each individual in their care. Residents living here can relax in their beautiful family room furnished with flat screen TV and private dining area, visit with family or enjoy group activities. Just outside the Champlin Way door is a quiet patio surrounded by seasonal flower and vegetable gardens. Here, residents love to sit and watch the flurry of feathered friends inhabiting the colorful bird houses they made to decorate the grounds. From gardening to Wii games, cooking or bingo, Champlin Way residents enjoy creative activities calendars coordinated by their own Recreational Assistant who works to incorporate individual ideas and lifestyles.
- Consistent team of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants on duty 24-hours per day, with an RN managing each unit and coordinating care
- Comprehensive rehabilitation care including individualized physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Fresh, nutritious food prepared onsite and overseen by a Registered Dietitian, according to individual health needs and food preferences
- Social Service staff available to ease individual circumstances and enhance relationships with residents and families
- Therapeutic recreation program that incorporates physical, intellectual, social and spiritual needs and focuses on personalized activities
- Holistic Therapies such as therapeutic touch, Reiki, and aromatherapy promote well-being.
- Full-service Beauty Salon and Barber Shop Services for cuts, color, perms, manicures and more
- Comfortable, cheerful resident rooms personalized with cherished belongings
- Fire-side dining in the beautifully renovated Rotunda
- State-of-the-art-media center to enjoy movies, musical entertainment and Internet-based activities
- Lovely landscaped grounds with gardens, walking paths and patio seating
- Cozy, indoor lounge areas to relax or visit
- Quiet chapel for meditation and prayer